The DeTUR Protocol
EMDR with Addictions
Saturday, September 24, 2022
Stephen Ammann LCSW, CSAT
Stephen is a Licensed Clinical Social Work (LCSW) and a graduate of Northwest Nazarene University. He is the founder and clinical director at Northwest Wellness Center where they take an integrated holistic approach to emotional, physical and spiritual health. Stephen provides individual, couple, and group counseling using a unique approach. First and foremost, he is a trauma therapist that specializes in pornography and sexual addiction. He is a Certified Sex Addiction Therapist (CSAT). He had the distinct honor to be mentored by the master, AJ, as they co-presented the DeTUR trainings throughout the United States and Canada for 4 years.
Dr. AJ Popky
Arnold (AJ) Popky was instrumental in the founding of the EMDR Institute, was certified in Ericksonian Hypnosis and was a Master Practitioner of NLP. Dr. Popky specialized in PTSD and addiction. He developed the DeTUR Protocol, which he presented in workshops internationally. His work can be found in “EMDR Solutions” by Robin Shapiro, PhD and in “Scripted Protocols” by Marilyn Luber, PhD. He also worked at camps with our wounded warriors. He had a private practice in Sherman Oaks, CA and trained and consulted to DOD therapists at Military Bases around the globe along with several drug rehabilitation centers.
The DeTUR Model
Desensitizing Triggers and Urge Reprocessing (DeTUR) is an accelerated approach, based on the adaptive information processing model of EMDR and is used with EMDR as an integral part of a comprehensive plan for the treatment of addictions and dysfunctional behaviors. By targeting the triggers that bring out the urge to use and then desensitizing these urges, the individual gains ego strength and learns to replace the dysfunctional behavior with a more positive and functional lifestyle.
Underlying Core Trauma & Relapse Prevention
- Describe and demonstrate each step of the DeTUR protocol.
- Show how the DeTUR protocol interfaces with EMDR AIP model.
- Define where to begin treatment with either DeTUR or EMDR.
- Demonstrate how the DeTUR protocol interfaces with EMDR AIP model.
- Show how “Resource Accessing” empowers clients.
- Practice “Resource Accessing” during practicum.
- Learn how to help client identify triggers and urges.
- Learn to develop cognitive interweaves from information in the preparation phase.
- Demonstrate the use of Interweaves to speed the healing process.
- Illegal Drugs
- Legal Drugs
- Prescription Drugs
- Eating Disorders
- Domestic Violence
LOCATION Crossroads Community Church Venue Building 4286 E Amity Rd Nampa, Idaho 83687 Saturday, September 24, 2022 (9AM – 5PM)