Presented by: Stephen Ammann
Desensitizing Triggers and Urge Reprocessing (DeTUR) is an accelerated approach, based on the adaptive information processing model of EMDR and is used with EMDR as an integral part of a comprehensive plan for the treatment of addictions and dysfunctional behaviors. By targeting the triggers that bring out the urge to use and then desensitizing these urges, the individual gains ego strength and learns to replace the dysfunctional behavior with a more positive and functional lifestyle.
Underlying Core Trauma & Relapse Prevention
Once the core traumatic issues have been reprocessed and dealt with, the triggers are no longer able to generate the anxiety that is attached to the urge-to-use and relapse becomes less likely.
- Describe and demonstrate each step of the DeTUR protocol.
- Define where to begin treatment with either DeTUR or EMDR.
- Identify how the DeTUR protocol interfaces with EMDR AIP model.
- Demonstrate how the DeTUR protocol interfaces with EMDR AIP model.
- Show how “Resource Accessing” empowers clients.
- Practice “Resource Accessing” during practicum.
- Learn how to help client identify triggers and urges.
- Learn to develop cognitive interweaves from information in the preparation phase.
- Demonstrate the use of Interweaves to speed the healing process.
- Illegal Drugs
- Legal Drugs
- Prescription Drugs
- Eating Disorders
- Domestic Violence
Registration, sign in & refreshments
Addiction & Trauma
DeTUR Protocol: video & live demonstration, medications, & other addiction protocols
Lunch on your own
Sign in & refreshments
Lunch on your own
- 13 Professional CE and EMDRIA CREDITS.
- Attendance at entire workshop is required to receive credit. Partial credit is not given.
- Licensed Professionals should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval.
- CE Credits provided by CE-Classes.com.
- Certificates are awarded online after completion of the workshop. Participants print their own certificate after registering at CE-Classes.com, entering a keycode, and completing an evaluation form.
Prerequisite: This workshop is appropriate for EMDR Trained Therapists. Psychologists, Licensed Professional Counselors, Licensed Social Workers and all mental health professionals trained as EMDR therapists (both Part I & Part II completed).
Cancellation/Refund: Your tuition is refundable less a processing fee of $75.00 up to 10 days prior to the workshop date. After 10 days prior, no credit is given.
All grievances must be in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org and will be replied to within 5 – 10 business days.
This workshop is held in facilities which are in compliance with the Americans Disabilities Act. Please notify us if special accommodation is required.